- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 3/4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 whole eggs, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 13 by 9-inch baking dish. In a bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, and salt. In a large bowl or in a mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until light and creamy, then beat in the eggs and vanilla. Gently stir in the flour mixture, then the macadamia nuts. Mix until well blended and pour into the baking dish. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the dish comes out clean, about 35 minutes.
Let blondies cool in pan. To serve, cut into 9 large bars.