Tortilla Crusted Salmon with Fire Roasted Corn Salsa
- For Corn Salsa:
- 4 ears fresh corn, roasted on broiler and cleaned off cob
- 6 tomatillos, peeled, washed and small diced
- 1 jalapeno, oiled, broiled de-seeded and small diced
- 1 tomato, cored and diced medium
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, pith removed and small diced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded, pith removed and small diced
- 1 ounce cilantro leaves, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Hot pepper sauce, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Canola oil, for pan frying
- 1/2 pound blue corn tortillas
- 4 salmon fillets, 6 ounces each
- 2 cups salt and peppered flour
- 6 eggs plus 2 ounces milk, for egg wash
Mix all ingredients for Salsa and Let sit for 4 hours. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
Bake Corn Tortillas in a 325 degree oven until crispy, cool. Then grind tortillas in a blender or food processor until pulverized into a dust. Place salmon, skin side up, into flour, then egg wash and finally the tortilla crumbs. After salmon is coated, heat oil in skillet and place salmon, tortilla side down into the hot oil. Pan fry until crust sets and a little browning occurs. Drain oil and flip salmon, then place salmon in a 325 degree oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
Heat salsa in a skillet and place over the salmon before serving.