Traditional Mandarin Fried Rice
It is recommended to use day-old rice so that the drier rice can soak up the flavors.
- Canola oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 1 bunch chopped scallions, green and white separated
- 1 lapchang, diced ( Chinese sausage), can substitute with 4 strips of cooked bacon
- 8 cups cooked, day-old long grain rice
- 3 tablespoons thin soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- Salt to taste
In a wok, add 2 tablespoons of oil and quickly soft-scramble the eggs. Remove the eggs. In the same wok, coat with oil and stir-fry garlic and ginger. Add white scallions and lapchang. Add rice and mix thoroughly. Add soy sauce, white pepper and scrambled eggs. Check for seasoning. Serve immediately.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.