Tres Leches: Three Milk Cake
- 1 yellow cake mix (with pudding) baked as directed in 13 by 9-inch pan
- For topping mixture:
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup rum (or to taste)
- To finish:
- Whipped cream, to cover cake
- 5 ounces sweetened coconut
Poke holes in the cake with a fork all over. Pour topping mixture over cake. Let mixture absorb completely in refrigerator.
Cover with whipped cream or cool whip and sprinkle sweetened coconut over top of cake.
OPTIONAL: Add macadamia nuts, cherries and/or pineapple.
Recipe courtesy of Ben Plastina