Tri colored Vegetable Salad with Mustard Vinaigrette
- Mustard Vinaigrette:
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse grained salt and cracked black pepper
- Tri-Colored Vegetable Salad:
- 1 pound green beans, ends trimmed, blanched to al dente
- 4 large carrots, peeled and shredded
- 4 small beets, peeled and shredded
For the Mustard Vinaigrette: In a small bowl whisk together all ingredients. Taste and adjust seasonings with salt and pepper.
For the Tricolored Vegetable Salad: Place vegetables in three separate small bowl bowls. Pour 1/3 of the dressing over each vegetable. Toss to combine. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper if needed. Let stand for at least 1 hour or up to 4 hours. Serve on platter in separate mounds.
Recipe courtesy of Kathleen Daelemans