- 1 (15-ounce) salmon fillet, skinned and deboned
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon unsalted margarine
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Pinch grated nutmeg
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground white pepper
- White wine
- Tomato and Seasonal Greens Salad, as an accompaniment, recipe follows
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Melt margarine and olive oil in skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic saute until translucent. Add spinach, season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg and saute gently until tender. Remove from heat to cool.
Slit the salmon fillet into 2 pieces. Season lightly with white wine, salt and pepper. Place the spinach in the center. Roll in plastic wrap. Place in a triangle mold. Repeat with the other piece of salmon. Steam in the oven about 20 to 25 minutes.
Tomato and Seasonal Greens:
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar, reduced by 1/2
- 1/4 cup orange juice, reduced by 1/2
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 3 cups seasonal greens (mizuna, red oak lettuce, frisee, or mache)
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The FN chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.