Tricolor Melon Salad with Yogurt Honey Dressing
c.1997, M.S. Milliken & S. Feniger, all rights reserved
- 6 servings
- 1 1/2 cups plain yogurt, drained overnight in a sieve
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon passionfruit liqueur (optional)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 small ripe honeydew melon, halved and seeded
- 1/2 small ripe crenshaw or cantaloupe melon, halved and seeded
- 1/4 small watermelon (about 1 pound), seeds removed
- Sprigs of fresh mint, for garnish
In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt, honey, liqueur, if using, and the mint. Set aside.
Scoop out the melon flesh and cut it into 1inch cubes. Combine them in a bowl or on a platter and toss together very gently until the colors are evenly distributed.
Drizzle the dressing back and forth across the melon in a thin stream. Garnish with sprigs of mint and serve.