Triple Chocolate Mocha Pie
- 8 ounces "chewy chocolate cookies"
- 1/2 cup finely chopped roasted almonds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- Mocha Filling:
- 7 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1/3 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup heavy cream, divided, plus 3/4 cup heavy cream, whipped semi-firm
- 1 heaping tablespoon instant espresso
- 5 ounces semisweet baking chocolate
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Pakistani rose petals
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips (both sweet and semisweet equally)
- Whipped topping and Garnish:
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Sliced almonds
- Rose petals
- Crust preparation:
DirectionsCrust preparation: Mocha filling preparation:
Beat mascarpone cheese and sugar together with mixer. In microwave heat half the heavy cream. Mix in espresso until dissolved. Add the espresso mixture and rest of heavy cream to cheese mixture. Melt baking chocolate in microwave. Stir into cheese/espresso mixture with spatula until just incorporated. Fold in whipped heavy cream. Pour into frozen/cold pie shell. Freeze for at least 20 minutes.Ganache preparation:
Stir until melted and glossy. Set aside to cool. When pie is frozen enough pour ganache evenly over top and smooth with spoon. Refrigerate until ready to garnish.Whipped topping and garnish:
Beat cream, sugar, almond extract until semi-stiff peaks. Top pie with whipped topping (piped) and garnish with sliced almonds and rose petals.
Home Cook Recipe: A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchen have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Chocolate Pecan Pie with Semisweet Chocolate and Jack Ice Cream, Chocolate Pecan Pie, Mr. Lou's Chocolate Praline Pie with Bourbon Whipped Cream, Easter Desserts, Hot Chocolate Recipes, Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes, Chocolate Frosting Recipes, Blackberry Dessert Recipes, Chess Pie Recipes