Black Bean Lasagna
- Two 15-ounce cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles
- 1 recipe Tofu Ricotta, recipe follows
- One 28-ounce can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- One 12-ounce can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano leaves
- 2 teaspoons salt, plus more for pasta
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- Tofu Ricotta:
- 1/4 cup raw cashews, finely ground
- 14 ounces extra-firm tofu, drained and pressed
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil, or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- Salt and pepper
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
In a large saucepan, combine the tomatoes and their juices, tomato paste, garlic powder, salt, pepper, oregano, onions and black beans. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, and then reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for about 30 minutes.
Spread 1 cup of the prepared sauce in a 9- by 13- by 2-inch baking pan. Make three layers each of noodles, sauce and Tofu Ricotta. End with the sauce and make sure the noodles are completely covered or they will dry out during baking. Bake for 45 minutes, uncovered. Allow the dish to stand for 15 minutes before cutting into squares and serving.Tofu Ricotta:
Add the cashews to a food processor and grind them. Then crumble in the tofu, and add the yeast, olive oil and basil. Season with salt and pepper. Store in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to use. Keeps well for at least a week. Yield: about 2 1/2 cups.
Beef Stew With Root Vegetables(00:04:06)
This Spud's for You Too: Soup(00:07:41)
Lobster Macaroni and Cheese(00:03:37)
AB's New England Clam Chowder(00:02:52)
Ree's Chicken Spaghetti(00:03:41)
Schoolday Chicken and Noodles(00:04:04)
Thank you! your flag was submitted.