- Quarter of 8-ounce bottle concentrated Louisiana-style shrimp and crab boil seasoning, such as Zatarain's Liquid
- 3 pounds medium red potatoes
- 1 1/2 medium sweet onions, such as Vidalia, peeled
- 1 1/4 pounds cured, smoked pork sausage links, cut into 3-inch pieces
- Four 8-inch ears corn, shucked and cut in half
- 1 1/2 pounds raw medium shrimp, peel on
Fill a 2 1/2- to 3-gallon stockpot half full with water and bring to a boil. Add the seasoning and potatoes to the pot. Allow the water to return to a boil and cook for 5 minutes. Add the onions and sausage. Bring the water back to a boil and cook for 15 minutes. Add the corn, bring the water back to a boil and cook for 10 minutes, or until the potatoes are done. Add the shrimp, bring the water back to a boil and cook until the shrimp turn pink, about 3 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon or drain in a large colander and serve on a large platter or on newspaper.