- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 16 ounces frozen cut green beans, defrosted and drained, or fresh green beans
- 16 ounces frozen green peas, defrosted and drained, or fresh shelled green peas
- 1 1/2 cups thinly chopped celery (about 4 stalks)
- One 2-ounce jar chopped pimientos
- 2 small sweet onions, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
Bring the sugar and vinegar to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add the oil and salt and set aside to cool.
Add to a bowl the green beans, peas, celery, pimientos, onions and bell peppers. Pour the vinegar mixture over the vegetables, cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
Serve with a slotted spoon to drain the excess oil.