- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup (1 stick butter), melted
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- One 9-inch deep dish pie shell, unbaked, or homemade pastry
- 1 cup pecan halves
- Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, for serving
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
In a large mixing bowl, mix the brown sugar, granulated sugar and eggs until creamy. Add the chopped pecans, melted butter, milk, flour and vanilla extract and stir to combine. Pour the mixture into the pie shell. Arrange the pecan halves on top of the pie in a circular pattern.
Bake the pie for 55 minutes. Check for doneness by shaking the pan slightly. The pie should be firm with only a slight jiggle in the center. It will set more as it cools. Serve topped with vanilla ice cream or with a dollop of whipped cream.
Recipe adapted from Georgia Cooking in an Oklahoma Kitchen by Trisha Yearwood (c) Clarkson Potter 2008