- 2 cups pan juices from the turkey roasting pan
- 4 tablespoons fat skimmed from the pan juices
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup shredded white meat from your roast turkey
- 2 large eggs, hardboiled, peeled and chopped fine
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
Pour the pan juices from your turkey roasting pan into a measuring cup. Skim and reserve the fat; you'll need 4 tablespoons total. If the remaining turkey juice comes to less than 2 cups, top off with chicken stock.
Mix the flour with the skimmed fat in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat until the roux is lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Slowly whisk the pan juices into the roux and cook until the gravy thickens. Stir in the shredded turkey meat and chopped eggs. Add salt to taste.
Georgia Cooking in an Oklahoma Kitchen by Trisha Yearwood (c) Clarkson Potter 2008