Winter Vegetable Soup
- Two 14-ounce cans chicken broth
- 3 red potatoes (about 4 ounces each), peeled and diced into 3/4-inch pieces
- One 14-ounce can diced tomatoes
- One 10-ounce package frozen lima beans
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- Salt and pepper
- One 12-ounce can cream-style corn
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
In a medium saucepan, combine the broth with the potatoes, tomatoes, beans and onions, and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, and then reduce the heat to medium. Cook the soup until the potatoes are tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from the heat, stir in the corn and serve. Adjust seasoning as needed.
Recipe adapted from Georgia Cooking in an Oklahoma Kitchen by Trisha Yearwood (c) Clarkson Potter 2008