- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (12-ounce) can pitted olives
- 1 (28-ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (16-ounce) can garbanzo beans
- 2 (16-ounce) cans pinto beans with jalapenos
- 2 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 heads lettuce, shredded
- 2 cups shredded low-fat cheddar
- 8 ounces baked tortilla chips
- 2 cups nonfat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup taco sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot red pepper sauce
In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil and cook the onions over medium heat until soft and translucent. Add the ground turkey and cook for about 7 minutes, until the turkey loses its pink color. Use a wooden spoon to break the meat apart while it cooks. Carefully drain off any liquid, then stir in the chili powder, oregano, cumin, and salt, and cook for 1 minute. Add the olives, kidney beans, garbanzos, and pinto beans and mix well. Stir in the tomatoes.
In a large serving bowl, combine the lettuce, cheese, and chips. Add the turkey mixture and toss well.
In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, taco sauce, and hot red pepper sauce. Pass the dressing at the table with the salad.