Tuna and Salmon Tartare with Endive Leaf
- 1/3 pound sushi grade tuna, cut into small dice
- 2 medium shallots, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 pound line caught wild salmon, cut into small dice
- 2 heads Belgian endive
- 1 tablespoon caper berries, finely chopped
In a small bowl, combine tuna, 1 shallot, 1 teaspoon ginger, 1/2 teaspoon lime juice, soy sauce, 1 teaspoon sesame oil and 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil. Using a plastic spatula gently fold the ingredients together until just incorporated. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
In a separate bowl, combine salmon and the remaining shallot, ginger, lime juice, soy sauce, sesame oil, and olive oil, again using a plastic spatula to gently incorporate ingredients. Season, to taste.
Home Cook Recipe: A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchen have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy Nathan Lyon
Recipe courtesy of Robin Miller
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse