Tuna in Tomato-Tarragon Broth
- 6 tuna fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup reduced-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 cup diced Roma tomatoes
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped tarragon leaves
- 1 cup rice, regular or instant, cooked according to package directions
- 2 tablespoons butter
Season both sides of tuna with salt and black pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add tuna to hot pan and cook 2 minutes per side, until golden brown.
In a medium bowl, combine broth, tomatoes, shallots, and tarragon. Add mixture to skillet and bring to a simmer. Simmer 2 minutes, until tuna is cooked to medium (or longer for more well done fish). Finish the sauce with butter. Serve 4 tuna fillets with all of the sauce and rice. Reserve the remaining tuna for melts, if desired.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.