Tuna Salad with Herb Toast
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil and/or chives
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 thick slices crusty bread
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 head romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1 English cucumber, chopped
- 1 15 -ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped pickles or cornichons
- 2 5 -ounce cans solid white tuna in water, drained
Preheat the broiler. Whisk the mayonnaise, herbs and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper in a large bowl. Spread 1/2 tablespoon of the herbed mayonnaise on each slice of bread; transfer to a baking sheet. Broil until the bread is lightly toasted, about 2 minutes.
Whisk the vinegar into the remaining herbed mayonnaise. Add the lettuce, cucumber, chickpeas, tomatoes, celery, pickles and tuna and toss to combine; season with salt and pepper. Divide among plates and serve with the toast.
Per serving: Calories 494; Fat 21 g (Saturated 3 g); Cholesterol 37 mg; Sodium 983 mg; Carbohydrate 47 g; Fiber 9 g; Protein 29 g
Photograph by Justin Walker
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Pepper-Crusted Tuna Salad with Sesame Vinaigrette and Fresh Wasabi Leaves, Piquillo Peppers Stuffed with Raw Tuna Salad, Cold Tuna Nicoise Casserole with Anchovy Dressing, Salad Dressing, Caesar Salad Recipes, Stuffed Pork Chops Recipes, Enchilada Recipes, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Mushroom Salad Recipes