Turan's Tuna Curry
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon hot Madras curry powder
- 3 (6-ounce) cans tuna packed in spring water, drained
- 1 to 2 green serrano or jalapeno chilies, stemmed, seeded and minced, or to taste
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 lemon or lime, juiced
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, or to taste
In a skillet set over moderate heat, warm the oil until it is hot. Add the onion and pepper and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, or until softened. Add the garlic, gingerroot and curry powder and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the tuna, chilies and salt and cook, stirring, until heated through. Season with lemon or lime juice and toss with cilantro. Serve with rice or as a filling for flour tortillas.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Fresh Tuna and Butter Lettuce Wraps with Crispy Wonton Threads, Shaved Jalapeno and Basil Oil, Grilled Tuna with Hot Pineapple-Papaya Salsa, Tapenade of Anchovies, Black Olives, Capers and Parsley over Grilled Tuna Steak with Grilled Polenta, Tuna Salad Recipes, Mexican Rice Recipes, Tuna, Rice Casserole Recipes, Vegetable Casserole, Asparagus