Turkey Fajita Wraps
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, cored, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pound skinless, boneless turkey breast, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 dashes cayenne pepper
- 6 large red leaf lettuce leaves
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro leaves
- 4 ounces shredded Colby Jack cheese, Monterey Jack, or Cheddar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Equipment: toothpicks
Heat the oil in large skillet over high heat. Add the onion, peppers, and garlic and cook, stirring, until slightly softened. Add the turkey, cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, and cayenne and cook, stirring, until cooked through, about 5 minutes.
Spoon a couple tablespoons of the turkey mixture on the inside of a lettuce leaf, top with a tablespoon of cheese and a dollop of sour cream, and roll up like a burrito. Close with toothpicks. Repeat to make 6 wraps total.
Serve with salsa picante and guacamole, if desired.
Recipe courtesy of George Stella