- 2 cups shredded turkey meat
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapeno, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon pickled jalapeno juice
- 1 fresh jalapeno, finely minced
- 1 pasilla chile, julienned
- 1 russet potato, shredded
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cooking olive oil
- Chipotle Mayonnaise, for serving, recipe follows
- Chipotle Mayonnaise:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 teaspoon chipotle in adobe
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
Combine the turkey, pickled jalapeno, pickled jalapeno juice, fresh jalapeno, pasilla, potato, cilantro and salt in a mixing bowl and fold together. Add the beaten egg and evenly mix into the fritter mixture. Evenly sprinkle the flour over and combine to mix in.
Form into 4 patties.
Heat the olive oil in an ovenproof frying pan over medium-high heat and place the fritters in the pan. Cook until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes, and then flip. Place the frying pan with the fritters in the oven to finish, 4 to 5 minutes.
Serve with Chipotle Mayonnaise.
This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and may have been scaled down from a bulk recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.Chipotle Mayonnaise:
Combine the mayonnaise, cilantro, chipotle, salt and lime zest and juice in a food processor and mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 20 minutes. Serve.