- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 minced clove of garlic
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 -ounce fresh bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra to serve on the side for grating
- 1 pound ground turkey or chicken
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups tomato sauce (recipe above)
- 1 pound perciatelli pasta
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese-to serve on the side for grating
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil for the pasta. In a bowl mix together; green onion, garlic, egg, bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. With a fork stir in ground turkey or chicken and season to taste with salt and pepper. (You can crumble some in a skillet, cook, taste, and then adjust seasoning). Shape mixture into small meatballs. In a large skillet heat olive oil. Add meatballs in a single layer and let them cook for 2 to 3 minutes a side, without disturbing. If they stick, loosen with a slotted spoon. Stir in tomato sauce into the skillet, cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes (while spaghetti is cooking) to reheat sauce and cook meatballs through. Drain pasta and then return to the pot and toss with remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Dish out a portion of pasta on each plate and spoon some meatballs and sauce in center.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.