- 1/2 pound leftover roast turkey meat, shredded
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 bell peppers (preferably red and orange), finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 1 (15 to 16-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 ounces corn tortilla chips (not low-fat)
- 2 cups grated jalapeno Jack cheese (8 ounces)
- 1/4 cup chopped scallion greens
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 to 3 teaspoons finely chopped pickled jalapeno
- Serving Suggestion: Your favorite salsa
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
Toss turkey with lime juice and season with salt and pepper.
Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons oil in a 10-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then cook bell peppers, stirring, until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
Transfer to a bowl. Heat remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil in skillet over moderate heat and cook garlic, cumin, and oregano, stirring, 1 minute. Add the beans and cook, stirring, until heated through, about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper.
Make 2 layers each of corn chips, sauteed peppers, beans, turkey, cheese, scallion, and cilantro in a 3-quart shallow baking dish. Bake nachos in middle of oven until cheese is melted, 6 to 10 minutes.
Stir together sour cream and jalapeno, to taste, and serve on the side along with salsa.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.