Turkey Pine Nut Cabbage Wraps
- 1 head red cabbage
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 5 cloves crushed garlic
- 3 tablespoons finely diced fresh peeled ginger
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red chili sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, plus extra for garnish
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup diced green onion
Wash and dry the head of cabbage and cut off the end. Carefully remove about 8 leaves ensuring they are not torn and form nice "cups" to hold the filling.
Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, ginger, onion and cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until soft.
Add the red pepper, yellow pepper and turkey and cook until the turkey is almost cooked through and browned slightly, about 7 to 8 minutes. Add the hoisin sauce, oyster sauce, red chili sauce, soy sauce and rice vinegar. Let cook another 4 to 5 minutes until the sauce reduces. Remove from the heat.
Add the fish sauce, sesame oil, cilantro, pine nuts and green onion and stir to combine. To serve, place a spoonful of the mixture in each cabbage cup. Garnish with extra cilantro, if desired.
Home Cook Recipe: A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchen have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy Beth Raynor
Recipe courtesy of Robin Miller