Turkey Pine Nut Cabbage Wraps
- 1 head red cabbage
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 5 cloves crushed garlic
- 3 tablespoons finely diced fresh peeled ginger
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red chili sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, plus extra for garnish
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup diced green onion
Wash and dry the head of cabbage and cut off the end. Carefully remove about 8 leaves ensuring they are not torn and form nice "cups" to hold the filling.
Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, ginger, onion and cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until soft.
Add the red pepper, yellow pepper and turkey and cook until the turkey is almost cooked through and browned slightly, about 7 to 8 minutes. Add the hoisin sauce, oyster sauce, red chili sauce, soy sauce and rice vinegar. Let cook another 4 to 5 minutes until the sauce reduces. Remove from the heat.
Add the fish sauce, sesame oil, cilantro, pine nuts and green onion and stir to combine. To serve, place a spoonful of the mixture in each cabbage cup. Garnish with extra cilantro, if desired.
Home Cook Recipe: A viewer or guest of the show, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchen have not tested this recipe and therefore cannot make representation as to the results.