Turkey Sausage and Roasted Pepper Lasagne with Spicy Tomato Sauce
- 4 red onions, sliced
- 24 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced dry Thai bird chiles
- 4 cups sliced button mushrooms
- 2 cup red wine
- 4 (16-ounce) cans whole roma tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons herbes de Provence
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil plus extra for cooking
- 1 (16-ounce) can roasted peppers stored in olive oil, drained, rinsed and julienne
- 1 pound turkey sausage, out of casing, broken up
- 1 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1 pound lasagne noodles, blanched and refreshed
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 yellow pepper brunoise, for garnish
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a hot casserole coated with olive oil, brown onions, garlic and season. Add chiles, mushrooms and season. Deglaze with wine, add tomatoes and herbs and bring to a simmer for 1 hour, cover ajar. Occasionally stir and verify flavor. Take 1 1/2 cups of sauce and blend very smooth in a blender and lift with 1/4 cup olive oil. Reserve hot in a water bath. With remaining sauce, let come to room temperature then mix with turkey sausage and peppers. In a sprayed 9 by 13-inch lasagne dish, ladle some sauce then cover with noodles. Repeat twice finishing with sauce. Sprinkle with cheese and bake in oven for 1 hour. Should be schreeching hot. Broil if necessary to brown. Let rest 8 minutes before cutting.
PLATING Sauce plate with pureed sauce and place a square slice on top. Garnish with yellow peppers.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.