- 2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 large onion
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1/3 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled cored and cut into wedges
- 1 medium avocado, pitted, peeled, and sliced
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups corn chips or tortilla chips
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet. Add onion and garlic and crumble in turkey. Stir-fry over moderate heat until turkey is no longer pink- about 6 minutes. Mix in chili powder, salt, cumin coriander, tomato paste and water. Bring to a simmer and keep hot.
Divide lettuce among four dinner plates. Top with hot turkey mixture and sprinkle with cheese. Divide tomato wedges, avocado slices, if using, and corn chips among the four or six plates. Serve at once.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.