Bleu Cheese Crostini With Sancerre Syrup And Peppery Lettuce
- 1 1/2 cups dry white wine, such as Sancerre or Sauvignon Blanc
- 1/4 cup orange blossom honey
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 baguette, cut into 1-inch slices
- 8 ounces bleu cheese
- 1 bunch peppery lettuce, such as arugula or watercress
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup toasted chopped walnuts
Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
Put a sheet pan or pizza stone in the oven to get it heated up too.
Combine the Sancerre, honey, and lemon juice in a saucepan and place over medium-low heat. Simmer gently, swirling the pot around, until the wine is syrupy and coats the back of a spoon, about 15 to 20 minutes.
Butter both sides of each slice of bread. Put a nice hunk of bleu cheese on top of the baguette slices and arrange them on the hot sheet pan or stone. Bake for 5 minutes until the cheese melts and the bread toasted.
Put the lettuce in a mixing bowl and toss with the olive oil, salt, and pepper. Pile the greens on a serving platter with the bleu cheese crostini around it. Drizzle the wine syrup over the crostini and greens and sprinkle with the walnuts.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.