Cold Sesame Noodles
- 12 ounces angel hair pasta
- 3 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 -inch piece fresh ginger, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon red chili paste, such as sambal
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons hot water
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- Fresh chopped cilantro leaves, for garnish
Cook the noodles in large pot of boiling unsalted water over medium heat until barely tender and still firm. Drain immediately and rinse with cold water until cold. Drain the noodles really well and transfer to a wide bowl; toss with the sesame oil so they don't stick together. Chill.
In a blender combine the peanut oil, ginger, garlic, chili paste, lime juice, brown sugar, peanut butter, vinegar, soy sauce, and hot water. Blend. Toss the noodles with the peanut sauce until well coated. Serve at room temperature or chilled; garnish with the sesame seeds, green onions, and cilantro.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.