- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons corn oil
- 3 cups canned tomatoes, diced
- 3/4 cup green beans, diced
- 1/2 cup green bell peppers, chopped
- 5 ears fresh corn kernels, cut off the cobs
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon Cajun spice blend
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 dashes red pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped, for garnish
In a large stock pot over low heat, saute the garlic in oil for 1 minute. Stir in all the vegetables and cook for 5 minutes. Turn up the heat, add the broth and bring to a boil.
Add lemon juice and seasonings. Reduce heat and simmer gently, covered, for 30 minutes. Serve with chopped cilantro and tortilla chips.