Frisee Salad with Warm Vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 eggs
- 8 slices thick-cut bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives, plus more for garnish
- 1 large head frisee lettuce, torn into bite size pieces
Fill a large skillet with water, bring it to a boil, and add the vinegar and a large pinch of salt. Reduce the heat until the water is just barely bubbling. Crack each egg into a small bowl and carefully slide the egg into the water. Cook until the eggs are set, about 3 1/2 to 4 minutes. Remove the eggs with a slotted spoon and dab the bottom with paper towels to dry them off; set aside and keep warm.
Put the bacon and shallots into a cold skillet with a tablespoon of olive oil and cook over medium heat until the bacon is browned and crisp; be careful not to let it burn. Remove with a slotted spoon, drain on paper towels, and set aside. Meanwhile, get a jar with a tight fitting lid. Add the mustard, remaining 4 tablespoons olive oil, red wine vinegar, and lemon juice. Shake well to combine the ingredients, add the chives, taste, and season with salt and pepper.
Put the frisee into a large bowl and toss it with the dressing the cooked bacon and shallots. To serve, place a large mound of salad onto a plate and top with a poached egg. Garnish with some chives and a drizzle of olive oil.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Frisee Salad with Spiced Walnuts, Pears, Farmhouse Cheddar, and Port Vinaigrette, Frisee Salad with Egg and Bacon, Frisee Salad with Lardons, Fried Eggs and Vinaigrette, Carrot Salad Recipes, Salmon Salad Recipes, Broccoli Salad Recipes, Couscous Salad Recipes, Lobster Salad Recipes, Potato Salad Recipes