Green Beans with Fresh Herbs and Walnuts
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 pounds green beans
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large onions, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
Bring a large pot of water to a boil; add a big pinch of salt and the green beans. Cook for about 5 minutes, the beans should still be crisp, they will be cooked more in the oven. Drain them and set aside.
Melt the butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions, season with salt and pepper, and cook until the onions caramelize, about 20 to 25 minutes. Add the thyme, rosemary and chives, and cook for another 5 minutes. Add the green beans and walnuts, and stir well. Season, to taste.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.