Grilled Beef Satay
- 1 pound beef tenderloin, cut into 2-inch strips
- 20 wooden skewers, soaked in water 30 minutes
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Vegetable oil, for grilling
- Cilantro leaves, for garnish
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe
Thread the beef onto the soaked skewers, working the skewers in and out of the meat so that it stays in place while grilling. Combine yogurt, ginger, garlic, curry powder, and lemon juice in a shallow platter and stir to combine. Place the beef skewers into the yogurt marinade and turn them until they are well coated. Cover and let the meat marinate in the refrigerator for up to 2 hours.
Place a grill pan over medium heat and brush it with oil to prevent the meat from sticking. Grill the satays for 3 to 5 minutes on each side, until nicely seared and cooked through. Serve piled on a large platter garnished with cilantro.
Recipe courtesy of Tyler Florence