- 6 ripe avocados
- 3 limes, juiced
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, smashed then minced
- 2 serrano chiles, cut into rounds
- 1 big handful fresh cilantro with stems, about 1/2 cup, finely chopped
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe
Halve and pit the avocados. With a tablespoon, scoop out the flesh into a mixing bowl. Mash the avocados using either a fork or potato masher, leaving them still a bit chunky. Add the remaining ingredients, and fold everything together. Drizzle with a little olive oil, adjust seasoning with salt and pepper and give it 1 final mix with a fork.
Lay a piece of plastic wrap tight on the surface of the guacamole so it doesn't brown and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Tyler Florence, 2007