Heirloom Tomato Chow Chow
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (1-inch) piece ginger, peeled, grated or chopped
- 2 pounds firm green heirloom tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 2 medium onions, diced
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe.
Combine vinegar, sugar, dry mustard, turmeric, mustard seeds, celery seed, cayenne pepper, and ginger in a large pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes to extract the flavors of the spices. Once the liquid is boiling and steaming add tomatoes and onion. Gently stir to incorporate. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes. Shut off heat and allow to cool to room temperature. Place in a serving bowl and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Tyler Florence