- 2 cups large green Sicilian olives
- 1 lemon, zest cut in strips
- 1 handful fresh rosemary sprigs, needles stripped from the stems
- 1 handful fresh thyme sprigs, leaves stripped from the stems
- 1 handful fresh basil, hand-torn
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil
Put the olives in a shallow bowl, add the lemon strips and herbs; season with salt and pepper. Toss gently with your hands to combine. Cover with olive oil and let marinate for 30 to 45 minutes. Serve as a noshing platter alongside the fried zucchini flowers.