Parmesan Herbed Crisps with Walnut Pepper
- 1 cup finely grated Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh sage leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons toasted walnuts
Combine Parmesan and herbs in a large mixing bowl. Set a 10-inch skillet over low heat. Add a 1/4 cup of Parmesan mix to the pan and sprinkle it so it is evenly spread and you have a lattice effect i.e. it should be a lacey and thin layer. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes until golden and crispy. Carefully remove from the pan and cool on a tray. Repeat with remaining ingredients until used up. Break disks into large crisps.
Break up walnuts into a rough powder using a mortar and pestle. Add salt and pepper and mix well. Season Parmesan crisps with the powdered walnuts.
Recipe courtesy of Tyler Florence