Roasted Figs with Baby Greens and Honey Vinaigrette
- 4 small fresh black mission figs, stemmed
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons orange blossom honey
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 cups baby mixed greens
- 1 handful each assorted fresh herbs, such as parsley, basil, and chives, finely chopped
- 4 ounces gorgonzola, cut in big chunks
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Cut a small "X" in the top of the figs and squeeze it gently to crown it slightly. Put the figs on a sheet pan, drizzle them with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake until the figs are soft and caramelized, about 15 minutes.
Put the mixed greens and chopped herbs in a bowl, drizzle with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper; toss gently with your hands.
In a small bowl, combine the honey, warm water, and lemon juice; whisk with a fork to combine.
To serve, divide the greens between 2 plates, mound the chunks of gorgonzola cheese on the side of each and place 2 roasted figs in the center of the salad. Drizzle the whole thing with the warm honey vinaigrette.
Recipe courtesy of Tyler Florence and JoAnn Cianciulli
Recipe courtesy of Tyler Florence