Roasted Turkey Gravy
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large, smoked turkey wing or 2 small ones
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 head garlic, split through the equator
- 4 stems fresh sage
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 6 parsley stems
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 cups chicken stock
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large stock pot over medium-high heat. Add the wing, onion, carrots, celery, garlic, and herbs, and cook for 5 minutes. Place in the oven and roast for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and place over medium heat. Remove the wing and set aside. Add the flour and let cook for about 1 minute. Add the stock and simmer until it has reduced by about 1/4, about 15 minutes. Strain the sauce and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.
Recipe courtesy of Tyler Florence