Salmon in a Couscous Crust
- 1/2 bunch fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup golden raisins, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped green olives
- 2 tablespoons capers, chopped
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups couscous (see note)
- 2 (6-ounce) salmon fillets skinned
- 2 cups water
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
In a large bowl, stir together the parsley, raisins, olives, capers, pine nuts, olive oil, and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper; stir in the couscous to moisten completely and season generously with salt and pepper.
Put the salmon in a single layer in a smallish buttered gratin dish or baking dish (bottom measured 10 by 7 1/4 inches; 2.8 liter); the fillets should not touch one another. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and drizzle with a little olive oil. Now spoon the couscous mixture over the top of the fish so that it completely covers them and fills in the whole dish at the same time. Pour over the water. Drizzle with olive oil. Put the dish in the oven and bake 25 minutes. Use a large spoon to spoon out the salmon and the couscous.
Note: 1 cup couscous plus 1 1/3 cups water is a better quantity to serve 2 if you have a smaller gratin dish or baking dish (remaining quantities are the same).
More Recipes and Ideas:
Marinated Salmon Seared in a Pepper Crust with Cucumber Vinaigrette, Stuffed Salmon in Flaky Dough, Steamed Salmon with Couscous, Quick Lemony Tomato Sauce and Steamed Vegetable Medley, Anchovy, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Beef Wellington Recipes, Swordfish Recipes, Easy Dinner, Catfish
Thank you! your flag was submitted.