Shrimp and Egg Fried Rice with Napa Cabbage
- 6 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 (2-inch) piece ginger, peeled and grated
- 1/2 small head napa cabbage, core removed and finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups cooked long-grain white rice
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed in warm water
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 bunch scallions, sliced, for garnish
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts, for garnish
Heat 2 tablespoons of the peanut oil in a wok or a large nonstick skillet over medium-high flame. Give the oil a minute to heat up, then add the shallots, the ginger, and stir-fry for 1 minute until fragrant. Add the cabbage and stir-fry until the cabbage is wilted and soft, about 8 minutes; season with a nice pinch of salt. Remove the vegetables to a side platter and wipe out the wok with dry paper towel.
Put the pan back on the heat and coat with 2 tablespoons of oil. Add the garlic and to the wok and saute gently until fragrant. Add shrimp and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until pink. Set aside on platter with vegetables. Add remaining oil to the wok and when hot, crack the eggs into the center. Scramble the egg lightly, then let it set without stirring so it stays in big pieces. Fold in the rice and toss with the egg until well combined, breaking up the rice clumps with the back of a spatula. Return the sauteed vegetables and shrimp to the pan along with the peas and season with salt and soy sauce. Toss everything together to heat through. Spoon the fried rice out onto a serving platter, and garnish with scallions and peanuts.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.