Shrimp Cocktail ("Bullshot")
- 1 cup shrimp stock or court bouillon
- 1 cup tomato juice, made from blended San Marzano tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish, optional
- 2 shots vodka
- Ice cubes
- 4 shrimp, poached in shrimp boil, heads removed and peeled
- 4 lemon wedges
Begin by reducing the shrimp court bouillon. Take a cup of the reserved broth, strain it and set over medium heat, simmering until it reduces by half; this concentrates the flavors. Once reduced, set aside over an ice bath to cool and then refrigerate.
To a blender, add the tomato juice, shrimp stock, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, horseradish, if desired, and the vodka and blend until smooth. Pour into 4 ice-filled rocks glasses. Garnish each glass with a poached shrimp and wedge of lemon.
Recipe courtesy of Tyler Florence, 2007