Stacked Caprese Salad
- 6 vine-ripened tomatoes, stems left on
- 6 balls buffalo mozzarella
- 1/2 bunch fresh basil leaves
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 teaspoons red wine vinegar
Slice each tomato horizontally into 5 sections. Slice each mozzarella ball into 4 pieces. Place the bottom piece of a tomato onto a plate and top it with a piece of cheese and a basil leaf. Keep layering until you have reformed each tomato ending with the stemmed piece. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 teaspoon of vinegar over each tomato.
Recipe courtesy of Tyler Florence