- 3 pounds taro, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, toasted and smashed
- 1 stalk lemon grass, split
- 2-inch piece ginger root
- 2-inch piece galangal root
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Boil the taro in water for 1 hour or until tender. In another saucepan, combine remaining ingredients over low heat. Cover and let steep while the taro cooks. Drain the taro and transfer to a mixing bowl. Pass the infused milk through a sieve to remove the solids and add to the bowl of taro. Mash the taro as you would potatoes. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.