Warm Wilted Winter Greens
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 pint walnuts, for garnish
- 3 bunches assorted winter greens (such as Swiss chard, radicchio, or escarole), washed, stemmed, and torn into pieces
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds, for garnish
- Parmesan shavings, for garnish
- 1 shallot, chopped, for garnish
Cook honey and balsamic together over medium-high heat in a large saute pan, about 5 minutes. Toast walnuts in a small skillet; set aside to cool.
Pile greens on a platter. Stir mustard into balsamic-honey dressing, then whisk in about 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil; pour over greens. Season greens with salt and pepper and garnish with walnuts, pomegranate seeds, shavings of Parmesan, and shallot.
Recipe courtesy of Tyler Florence, 2008