Warm Wilted Winter Greens
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 pint walnuts, for garnish
- 3 bunches assorted winter greens (such as Swiss chard, radicchio, or escarole), washed, stemmed, and torn into pieces
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds, for garnish
- Parmesan shavings, for garnish
- 1 shallot, chopped, for garnish
Cook honey and balsamic together over medium-high heat in a large saute pan, about 5 minutes. Toast walnuts in a small skillet; set aside to cool.
Pile greens on a platter. Stir mustard into balsamic-honey dressing, then whisk in about 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil; pour over greens. Season greens with salt and pepper and garnish with walnuts, pomegranate seeds, shavings of Parmesan, and shallot.
Recipe courtesy of Tyler Florence, 2008
Recipe courtesy of Anne Burrell