- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 10 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 pounds peeled and deveined shrimp, tail off, split down middle
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley, leaves chopped
Heat a terra cotta pot or a similar oval pan. Add olive oil and toss in sliced garlic. Bring to a bare simmer and keep on the lowest heat possible so the garlic toasts to a golden brown- about 15 minutes. Season shrimp with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add to the pot and remove from heat. Allow to cook until pink and tender. Finish by squeezing juice of whole lemon over shrimp and sprinkling with chopped parsley. Use a slotted spoon to fish out prawns and serve on a platter topped with toasted golden garlic shavings and parsley.