- 2 cups Mediterranean-style yogurt, (may substitute with conventional yogurt)
- 1 large English cucumber (peeled, shredded and drained)
- 1 clove garlic, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dill, chopped
- 1 ounces lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
To Prepare the Yogurt: Line strainer with cheesecloth and set over a bowl. Bowl should support strainer so it does not touch the bottom of the bowl. Put the yogurt in the strainer loosely covered, and let it drain overnight in the refrigerator.Discard the liquid and use the strained yogurt as directed.
Combine all ingredients and refrigerate overnight before serving. Serve with pita.
Recipes Courtesy Molyvos Restaurant