- 1 cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1/4 red onion, diced, about 2 tablespoons
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 cups plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pita wedges, served on the side
Put the cucumber, red onion and garlic in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until minced.
Put the yogurt into a mixing bowl. Add the cucumber mixture, the lemon zest and juice, salt and red pepper flakes and mix with a rubber spatula until well combined. Transfer to a decorative bowl and serve with pita wedges.
Recipe courtesy of Dan Smith and Steve McDonagh