- 3 1/2 cup Swanson® Chicken Broth (Regular, Natural Goodness™ or Certified Organic)
- 5 large potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 7 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup light cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (reserve some for garnish)
- Generous dash ground black pepper
Heat the broth and potatoes in a 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat to a boil.
Reduce the heat to medium. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Drain, reserving the broth.
Mash the potatoes with 1/4 cup broth, light cream, sour cream, chives, butter, bacon and black pepper. Add the additional broth, if needed, until desired consistency. Garnish with the remaining bacon.