- 3½ cups Swanson® Chicken Broth (Regular, Natural Goodness® or Certified Organic)
- 5 large potatoes (about 2½ pounds), peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces (about 7½ cups)
- ½ cup light cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Generous dash ground black pepper
1. Heat the broth and potatoes in a 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat to a boil.
2. Reduce the heat to medium. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Drain the potatoes well in a colander, reserving the broth.
3. Mash the potatoes with ¼ cup reserved broth, the cream, butter and black pepper. Add additional reserved broth, if needed, until desired consistency.