Vanilla Ice Cream with Flambeed Fresh Mincemeat
- 1 tart apple
- l/2 lemon, zested and juiced
- 6 ounces seedless grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup dark raisins
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon chopped candied orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup dark rum
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
Peel, core and dice the apple and mix it in a large bowl with the grated lemon rind and juice so the apple does not discolor. Stir in the grapes, dark and golden raisins, sugar, almonds, candied orange peel, cinnamon, allspice, and cloves until evenly mixed. Scoop the ice cream into individual bowls. Melt the butter in a large frying pan and add the mincemeat.
Fry it, stirring constantly, until very hot and the juice runs from the fruit, 3 to5 minutes. Pull the fruit to one side of the pan and add the rum in the other. Heat it until almost boiling, then flame it. Stir it into the hot fruit so the whole pan flames. Let the flames die, then spoon the mincemeat over the ice cream.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.